Updates, Restrictions, and Protocals.. Find out the latest info about current visitor restrictions and community prevention procedures.
Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are committed to the well-being of our community and the safety of our staff, patients and visitors.
In an attempt to mitigate the currently increasing risk of COVID-19, Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital will be following several recommended measures from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to minimize the risk of spread of this coronavirus infection.
In accordance with TX HB 2211, NMH is allowing two (2) visitors per patient receiving care or treatment at the hospital unless ordered by attending physician to have “no visitors.” Restricted visitor hours will be posted and made available on request. Patients arriving for procedures in the surgery center, cardiac cath lab and GI lab will be allowed two visitors in order to assist in receiving discharge instructions. In order to avoid unnecessary exposure, patients are encouraged to designate as their visitors close family members or persons who will be involved in caregiving at discharge. Some specialty areas have unique visitor guidelines that will be shared on each particular unit. Please see our website for current hospital-wide visiting hours.
Visitation Policies and Procedures
For the well-being of patients and visitors, COVID patients will be allowed one 30-minute visit per day by one designated visitor.
Visitation in the emergency department may be intermittent in an effort to protect the safety and privacy of patients and visitors. Delays in initiating visitation may be needed to complete necessary testing to provide for safety.
Surgical and medical procedure visitors may escort the patient to registration and remain in the designated waiting rooms/lobbies during the patient’s procedure.
Pediatric parent must remain with their child at all times.
Women & Children’s Health Services visitation guidelines have been developed to reflect the unique needs of the population served. Patient Visitor Designation and NICU Visitation Guidelines are available within the department, at the hospital screening desk, from your Healthcare Providers and from the hospital website.
Exceptions to the Visitation Policy may be made by the attending healthcare provider or the house supervisor for end-of-life or extraordinary circumstances.
Approved Visitor Rules and Guidelines
- Approved visitors must be 18+.
- All approved visitors will be screened for temperature, respiratory symptoms and possible exposure upon entry to the hospital. Approved visitors will not be granted access if screening is failed or refused.
- Approved visitors will be required to wear the designated personal protective equipment and practice social distancing, as well as follow instructions from clinical staff regarding infection control protocols.
- Hand sanitizing will be required upon entry to the facility and at intermittent locations.
- In the interest of infection control, the visiting of multiple patients by one person will not be allowed.
- Approved visitors may briefly visit the Bright Café, Coffee Spot, vending areas or rest rooms, if needed.
- Visitors to COVID patients will remain in their patient’s room and are encouraged to immediately exit the building at the conclusion of their visit.
The New Visiting Hours are:
8 a.m. to 7 p.m. with entrance through front lobby until 5 pm and ER until 7 pm.
ICU visiting hours are still 30 minute intervals at 9am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm
Though Nacogdoches Memorial Health has taken precautions to reduce the spread of all pathogens including COVID-19, the contagious nature of many bacteria and viruses means that a possibility remains that you could still contract an illness while in any public place, including the hospital. Please follow the guidelines set out by staff and signage to protect yourself and decrease the risk of exposure. Nacogdoches Memorial Health assumes no responsibility should transmission of coronavirus/COVID-19 or any other communicable diseases occur during any visitation of the hospital facility or its other affiliated locations.
Nacogdoches Memorial Professional Group Clinics and Medical Offices
- No visitors will be allowed in NMPG clinics and medical offices, unless accompanying a patient who is unable to make medical decisions, unable to safely move without assistance or is a minor. This includes prenatal and ultrasound patients.
- Approved visitors must be 18+ years, with the expectation that visitor and patient will be masked at all times.
- Walk-in appointments are available.
- If you are sick and need to be seen, please call your provider’s office for an appointment, so accommodations can be made to best protect you, other patients and our healthcare staff.
- If you are sick and have an appointment with one of the NMPG specialists (urology, surgery, gynecology), please call your primary care provider to be evaluated. We will only see sick patients at our specialty clinics under special circumstances.
- Obstetric patients who are ill should call the clinic or office before coming to regularly scheduled prenatal appointments.
- Urology and general surgery patients should call the clinic for assessment if you have an urgent need.
We continue to take all recommended safety precautions for the health of our employees and patients that we serve. Masking and COVID screening procedures are still in effect at Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital.
Important Ways to Slow the Spread
- Get a COVID-19 vaccine. Find out about local appointments by calling 936-305-8488. Scheduling line hours may vary.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth to help protect yourself and others.
- Stay 6 feet apart from others who don’t live with you.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
Sincerely wishing you continued good health!
WELCOME TO NACOGDOCHES MEMORIAL HEALTH
Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital is proud to celebrate 90 years of caring for our community.
Our outstanding team combines compassion and kindness with the latest technology and advanced treatments to deliver the care you need, when you need it most. That has always been our goal and it will continue to be our focus. We are Nacogdoches Memorial Health. Where people come first.
WOMEN'S AND CHILDREN'S CENTER (LABOR & DELIVERY)
One of the most family-centered, comfortable labor and delivery programs in East Texas
Call us at (936) 564-4611